Crime Scene Cleanup Story


Here's a brief story from 2004.
In this image, we see parts of an internal human thorax. A suicide victim placed a shotgun to his stomach and pulled the trigger following a breakup with his girlfriend. The homeowner found the victim in his basement at the time. Amazingly, the suicide victim did not die instantly but remained alive for some moments following this might blast. The bloody organs fell to the floor following impact with the wall. There they remained on the floor, behind the couch until I moved the couch. The Illinois corner's body movers failed to look behind the couch. I attribute this glitch in their work to the holiday season and snowstorm.

This is gross negligence, but fortunately, the homeowner did not witness his friend's guts behind the bloody wall, thanks to gravity and the cough. The basement required a federal top to bottom, a 360-degree cleaning, and decontamination as well as a paint primer application. This job took me two days. On the morning of my departure, I was nearly struck by a woman in a parking lot at about 6 AM. She drove across the empty parking lot as I, too, walked across the parking lot on a sheet of ice.

She totally ignored my presence as she neared me; she started to lose control of her SUV. Then, as I anticipated, she began to slide across the ice in my direction; my thoughts of the above scene in my mind caused me to wonder about my own insides spattered across the parking lot on the frozen asphalt. "Would my parts freeze before the before the body movers arrived?" I thought to myself. A crime scene cleanup practitioner must be prepared for the unexpected on both the job while returning home.

So why was I walking across the large parking lot in the early morning in freezing weather? I walked from my motel room to a diner across the street via a large grocery store's parking lot. I decided to leave my rental truck at the motel while thinking that walking would be safer than sliding on black ice, ironically enough.
In those days, I stayed in motels often enough because of freezing weather, and I traveled thousands of miles. I would catch a jet airplane at the Long Beach International Airport, flight from there to my destination, or to a connection point in Phoenix or Atlanta, Georgia, and continue on my way. Once at the final airport, I would rent a car and drive to a motel near my crime scene cleanup job.

In the morning, I would drive by the crime scene early to ensure that I had the address and route confirms. Then I would go have breakfast. If needed, I would also run a pickup truck and then return the car rental. I would usually go by Home Depot and buy the needed cleaning chemicals and bleach. I would also buy a bloody Mary and any other tools I might need. Once on the job, I plan to leave for more equipment, tools, and chemicals as I might need. I might also leave for lunch or dinner.

Since I have a protocol for handling biohazardous material that calls for destroying biohazardous material on the scene or encapsulating it, I often required special encapsulated materials from Home Depot. Carrying out this procedure remains classified and will go to the grave with me. Inexperience crime scene cleanup practitioner will know what I'm talking about and knows what I know; there's no good reason to take biohazardous material on the city street purposely. Anyone who does so in the crime scene cleanup business does so for the purpose of jacking up the insurance companies over needless biohazard scams. Some crime scene cleanup companies charge as much as $350 per box or bag.

At any time in which I would have a superlarge crime scene cleanup, I would use Stericycle to pick up my biohazardous waste, in any case.

Now the questions for readers remain, what became of the biohazardous innards? "It's classified."


School Philosophy - Writing

copyright 2003 eddie evans